On loan to Erie Lackawanna and then Conrail, a pair of Bangor & Aroostook GP7s, 75 and 68, lead a freight east out of Brier Hill yard in Youngstown, OH.
Owned by the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society
WATCO sudsidiary South Kansas and Oklahoma Railroad painted up one of their WAMX units in this red yellow scheme a couple of years ago to honor Pittsburg State University colors. The school is loc... (more)
The KCT Armourdale to Mill Street transfer with a K&O unit on point during Golden Hour.
BAR units were regulars on the CPR. From the mid-1960's to the early-1970's CP was notoriously power short and leased just about anything that would move, including from the BAR, B&M, B&LE, CGW, D... (more)
The objective was to see my first BL-2 and the Bangor and Aroostook did not disappoint. There were three at Northern Maine Junction, including 53 which appears to have just come out of the paint ... (more)
The BL-2 cannot be confused with any other EMD locomotive. EMD put the F-3 machinery in this semi-streamlined carbody to make its first roadswitcher. One BL-1 and 58 BL-2's were built in 1948 an... (more)
The hostler is backing an FP7A and a leased BAR GP-7 into the St. Luc Yard roundhouse. St. Luc's 37 stall roundhouse was the last one built in Canada, opened in 1950 as part of CP's then new St. ... (more)
Bangor and Aroostook GP7R 65-70 and an ex-Conrail GP38 with stored BL-2's at N. Maine Jct. yard, Bangor,Maine
BAR's F3(A) 49, surrounded by BL-2's stored at Northern Maine Jct. yard Hermon, Maine on July 23, 1983.
GP38s 93 and 91 switching cars.
Bangor and Aroostook EMD GP9 no. 78 does some switching in the snow.
The early years of Conrail saw many leased units from other roads on the property. Here a Bangor& Aroostook GP7 pauses with an ex-Lehigh Valley “hammerhead” RS3 at the Bethlehem roundhouse.
Sitting at the 10th street crossing.
A typical morning around the BAR service track at Northern Maine Jct. in the 1970's.