The two sections of the forest system at Covasna-Comandau are separated by an inclined plane first opened in 1886. The plane is entirely worked by gravity, the heavier loaded wagons pull up the empties using a long steel cable and progress is controlled by braking on the drum in the winding house. Each wagon is loaded on to a trolley which keeps them horizontal during their journey, shunting being done at both ends by horses - during our trip the horse at the top was sent up with the first wagon each day. The lower section is steeper than the upper section and for this reason, the 'trolleys' are stopped half way and a number of metal weights transferred so the upper trolley is always heavier than the lower one. Each transfer takes about 20 minutes. A loaded wagon has just arrived at the lower station. It will now be shunted by the horse to the yard which is located approximately 300 meters away. There the train will be formed and a steamer will bring it down to Covasna. Between duties, the horse is resting in the hut that can be seen on the right side of the photo.