Built in 1867, the two-and-a-half story Lambertville Station served as the headquarters of the Belvidere Delaware Railroad serving customers on the local lines from Belvidere to Trenton, NJ. In the late 1800's, the PRR took over the line and instituted service through to New England.
At one time, the tracks behind the station not only connected to the Bel-Del (home of #142) but also to the CNJ in Flemmington, NJ, home of the Black River & Western. The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad is across the river and the lines would have a whistle duel when both steam trains were at their respective stations. Conrail had since pulled quite a bit of the ROW.