This track inspection car was originally built for Dr. H.A. Beatty (brother of CP president Sir Edward Wentworth Beatty) as a regular 1939 Buick Century. In 1947 he donated it to CP, which converted it to the vehicle seen here. According to the information on the placard at Exporail "the original chassis was replaced by a customized frame that includes an autonomous turntable, two railway axles, and flanged wheels.....The original spring suspension was replaced by an elliptic spring system, and an air brake system and a compressor were added to the vehicle." Behind is CP 144, a 4-6-0 (CPR 452). For a view of the other side of the car, click here.