Recently-rebuilt Metroliners add a splash of color to the bleak Maryland countryside, approaching the now-closed Chelsea Road crossing. Amtrak has moved sensitive equipment to the roof, out of the 110-mph dust stream under the carbody. Lead car No. 867 was one of twenty 60-seat snack-bar coaches built by GE as PRR Class MPC85E5. It weighed in at 83 tons and was equipped with four GE 1254A1 traction motors (255 HP each, or 1020 HP per car.) Note the Tomlinson coupler, by Ohio Brass. Also of note are the two Leslie single-chime horns above the headlight, Type S55 and S37, which emitted a high-pitched, but not unpleasant blast, when operating properly. Many of these cars (the 76-seat coach version) still survive, nearly 50 years later, as cab control cars. One snack-bar coach is preserved in its mostly original condition (No. 860) at Strasburg, Pa.