Exactly 150 years after the inauguration of the first cogwheel mountain railroad in Europe, the Rigi Railway from Vitznau on the shores of Lake Lucerne to the Rigi (initially to Rigi Staffelhöhe) on May 21, 1871, the round anniversary was celebrated in Vitznau with invited guests. The locomotive H 1/2 # 7, which had been delivered by the SLM only 2 years later, was presented ready for operation on the turntable. It was brought from the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne last year, transported across the lake and was then put back into service at the Goldau depot, on the other side of the mountain, by steam specialist Martin Horath and staff. The railroad's first steam locomotives looked very similar and had been designed and built by the Swiss Central Railway workshop in Olten under Niklaus Riggenbach. Media representatives circle the locomotive, a few spectators are present and on the right Swiss flags are waved and alphorn players play. About an hour later, the locomotive will steam to Rigi Staffel with passenger car B 5 built in 1871, on board among others Federal Councillor Simonetta Sommaruga, CEO of SBB Vincent Ducrot and CEO of Rigi Bahnen Frédéric Füssenich.