Complex Preservation. The Martinsburg Roundhouse in Martinsburg, West Viriginia was once a very active shop for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. Rebuilt in what is roughly its present form from 1866-1870, it was in use until 1988. In 1999, the Berkeley County Commission bought the land and buildings from CSX Transportation. Since then, the entire complex has been designated a National Historic Site and has seen extensive renovation, with public tours and event space available. On June 22, 2021, the Amtrak Capitol Limited (Train 29) passes by with P42DCs 148 and 167 back to back, showing just one of the railroads that still uses these tracks today.