Detroit & Mackinac RS-2 #468 is seen loading or unloading the ferry Chief Wawatam car ferry at Mackinaw City, Michigan on July 14, 1977. Here is additional information from Wikipedia: "Chief Wawatam (nicknamed the Chief) was a coal-fired steel ship that was based, for most of its 1911–1984 working life, in St. Ignace, Michigan. The vessel was named after a distinguished Ojibwa chief of the 1760s. In initial revenue service, the Chief Wawatam served as a train ferry, passenger ferry and icebreaker that operated year-round at the Straits of Mackinac between St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, Michigan." Photographer unknown. Kodachrome from the John E. Troxler collection.