Duluth Winnipeg & Pacific Ry. was part of the Grand Trunk system of US railroads owned by Canadian National. During the post-steam era DW&P operated their railway primarily with Alto RS-11s acquired new in August/September 1956. They were all delivered in CN's green and yellow scheme with DW&P lettering. They got repainted into the CN 1961 red and black scheme and as shown here, some got the mid 70s zebra scheme. However, DW&P parted with CN's image as seen here with a solid red-orange livery w/black roof, and later would adopt GT's blue & red-orange scheme and a new delivered with pride logo. Several of the RS-11s were leased to Central Vermont in the mid 60s, then returned to DW&P. Later as traffic grew and SD40s and GP38s were acquired the RS-11s were retired and some sold to CV. Now DW&P is a major link for CN's mainline into the US connecting Winnipeg to Chicago which was assemble along with DM&IR and WC in the early 2000s.