The local north bound freight heads toward the CSX interchange as it switches industries along the way.
Buckingham Branch's first GP16 and second locomotive is BB 2. Today the Buckingham Branch has four GP16's all of which are operating on the line from Richmond to Clifton Forge.
Lee Hall depot was built in 1881 by the C&O Railway. It is bright yellow with a red/brown roof. It has been bought by the City of Newport News and will be moved across the tracks and restored.
Today, NS 5510 will be the power used on the old Norfolk Franklin & Danville line to Lawrenceville, VA.
Here is the power used on the old Norfolk Franklin & Danville line to Lawrenceville, Va.
Mty Verdon Rock Runner awaits to pick up about fifteen rock hoppers from Branscomb.
Two locomotives help push this long coal train east, up hill to Williamsburg. Once there they will detach and run light, west, to Fulton Yard in Richmond. The rest of the train will go to Newport ... (more)
In 1989 the Buckingham Branch Railroad acquired seventeen miles of track from CSX in Buckingham County. They also got CSX 8851, a GP-7, and an old caboose. The 8851 was then painted and renumbered... (more)
This engine was, at first, bought for spare parts because it was in scrap condition. However, the Buckingham Branch's mechanics tinkered with it and got it running so it became their second locomo... (more)