MI RS-2 303 works the old AA Owosso yard. In 1977 Michigan Interstate became the Designated Operator of the Ann Arbor RR and purchased 2 RS-2s from the GBW #301 & 303. Another DO Lin... (more)
Ex D&M RS-2 466
AA S-3 No10 the last active Alco switcher handles switching duties for new operator Tuscola & Saginaw Bay at their Owosso shops.
D&M RS-3u 975 works the north end of the Bay City yard.
Shot out the back of the roundhouse.
GTW NW2 7974 switches some Detroit & Mackinac boxcars at the Durand yard. D&M boxcar 2389 was only 1 year old.
CW 11 & 10 with the daily freight. CW was a N&W subsidiary.
CW 11 & 10 with the daily freight.
C&O GP7 5800 is working the piggy-back ramp at Dean yard as it passes derailed C&O NW2 5201. 5201 was run off the end of the tracks by a substitute crew of supervisors during a strike at one of th... (more)
Built in 1946 D&M S-1 646 takes a break from switching hopper cars at D&M's parent company's Big Cut quarry.
TSBY GP35 391 leads a Sand Train through Alma MI.
Note the trucks, all of TSBY's ex Ann Arbor GP35s had Alco trucks from trade-in FA2s.
In the 1970s the C&O handled a lot of piggy-back traffic for Dow Chemical at Midland's Dean yard. Today the ramp sees only an occasional military load for the local National Gaurd.
With the formation of Conrail the GTW took over the PC line from Durand up to Bay City and over to Midland.
To celebrate this event the GTW moved their bi-centenial unit into town.