The now-preserved 4926 heels to the superelevated curve at Aberdeen, pulling a set of Budd Metroliner MU cars. By this date, the Metroliners were having mechanical issues, and the GG-1s were called back into high-speed service. The 4926 was built by PRR/Westinghouse in March, 1943, as the PRR 4933. Amtrak originally numbered it as their 926, but with the imminent arrival of the new AEM-7s in the late 1970s (to be numbered in the 900-series) a numeral "4" was added. The Central New York Chapter NRHS has the 926 on display at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, as part of their collection.