A rare 1913 GE gas-electric (later converted to straight electric and then diesel electric) owned by the Minnesota Transportation Museum was used to haul tourists on Duluth's Lake Superior & Mississippi line in 1981. This locomotive was originally used on the "Dan Patch" line in the Twin Cities area (later MN&S). After the Dan Patch Line went into bankruptcy 100 was sold first to the Central Warehouse Company of Saint Paul, Minnesota, in 1917, who converted it to a simple electric locomotive. It was then sold to the Minneapolis, Anoka and Cuyuna Range Railroad (MA&CR) in 1922 for $12,000. The MA&CR owned the locomotive until that railroad was bought by the Great Northern Railway in 1966. In the meantime, the MA&CR had removed its trolley wire and converted 100 to a diesel-electric system, using a Waukesha diesel engine. In 1967 Great Northern donated Dan Patch 100 to the Minnesota Transportation Museum of St. Paul, MN. It is currently on display at MTM's Jackson Street Roundhouse in St. Paul.