Tweestie No. 12 takes the No. 5 car around the mountain wearing ET&WNC decals.
Rhaetian Railway (RhB) Ge 6/6 II No. 703 "St. Moritz" over the stall 3 inspection pit.
It is 9:55 p.m. and the engine shed in Samedan still looks quite empty. Tonight, Rhaetian Railway (RhB) Ge 6/6 II No. 703 "St. Moritz" is one of the first electrics that showed up for servicing. N... (more)
Running several hours earlier than normal, the westbound Black Mesa is seen sweeping around the curve at Cow Springs.
In the early 1970s, the Jersey Central leased ten ex-Wabash F7s from the Norfolk & Western to help with a perennial power shortage. N&W 3697 was awaiting its next assignment outside the CNJ/RDG ro... (more)
Jersey Central 2505, one of the railroad's dozen SD35s, posed at the Bethlehem, PA, engine terminal shared by the CNJ and Reading. The dust probably came from a recent assignment on one of the ra... (more)
Built out of durable cast-iron this US&S Searchlight Signal has withstood the elements for decades with the ability to switch between three different aspects. Those aspects are red, yellow, and g... (more)
Ex NW GP9s rest in Monroe, GA, on a cold clear Winter night.
A Southern Trains Class 377, looking rather workworn at the front, awaits departure from Littlehampton station, on the English South Coast, with a service to London Victoria.
A view from 344ft up the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. We can see two South West Trains Class 450s waiting to depart for London Waterloo from Portsmouth Harbour station. The Gosport Ferry is at... (more)
On the return trip to Searles Valley, the Trona Railway is seen passing the famous Trona Pinnacles.
The Trona Railway begins their day in the late afternoon with the temps pushing 112+ which really didnt seem to phase the crew with how efficient they were working.
Evidence of the ex-L&N line that this coaling tower use to serve, still stands with its logo and date of construction (1943) engraved into both of its north and south sides. Now CSX owns the trac... (more)
Dating back to the Conrail days, the unique dwarf signal at Swanton is seen lit late on an August night less than a month before it was taken out of service.
Built in 1910, Union Pacific’s Columbus, Nebraska, station stood along the Columbus Subdivision main line for over 100 years until torn down in June 2015.