This typical lashup of B&M power for freights on the Conn River Line shortly will head across the Connecticut River bridge to the White River Junction, VT yard and take a train south to Springfiel... (more)
BAR units were regulars on the CPR. From the mid-1960's to the early-1970's CP was notoriously power short and leased just about anything that would move, including from the BAR, B&M, B&LE, CGW, D... (more)
Former EL 1239 & 1213 GP7s remain in their pre-Conrail takeover livery in the yard outside Conrail Scranton Diesel Shop. EL 1213 became CR 5943. EL 1239 became CR 5977.
This rail facility is now... (more)
There are a few ice fishermen out as WICT 616 brings a short train past Storrs Lake near Milton, WI on a crystal clear day in January of 1989. Business really picked up on this ex-MILW line when t... (more)
NC&StL 710 wait patiently at the west base leg of the wye at Grand Junction at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum on this raining Sunday evening. The 68 year old GP7 is teaming up Tennessee Alab... (more)
Chattooga & Chickamauga 102 made its last run on Friday, March 16, 2018. She still sits in the yard at LaFayette, GA, but her stacks are wrapped with plastic garbage bags and parts have already b... (more)
Chicago & North Western EMD GP7 No. 4374 switches cars at C&NW’s Butler yard at Butler, Wisconsin, in August 1984. The flag pole and flowerbeds are a nice touch.
TVRM's Missionary Ridge Local crosses the South Chickamauga Creek this morning with the NC&STL GP7 leading the train.
Mother nature has taken over the yard in North Conway as a short local freight prepares to leave town. DI-1/ID-2 was a turn from Dover to Intervale but usually terminated at North Conway. By thi... (more)
CRIP 4506 holds at East Union depot at the Illinois Railway Museum.
Georgia Railroad 1026 poses with a mini work train as part of a night photo charter at the Southeastern Railway Museum.
The hostler is backing an FP7A and a leased BAR GP-7 into the St. Luc Yard roundhouse. St. Luc's 37 stall roundhouse was the last one built in Canada, opened in 1950 as part of CP's then new St. ... (more)
ACWR 896 former Aberdeen and Briar Patch and former SCL 896 and before all that SAL 1716. It is going to be stored out in front of their office on a piece of track for all to see.